Monday, September 29, 2014

Yummy Apples!!!

Last Saturday, I went up to Logan with my aunt and uncle and their kids. We went to an orchard and picked our own apples! It was a blast. It was a neat environment. There were so many trees and so many different kinds of apples. So, I ended up coming home with a big bag of apples! I had green apples and red apples. I only had so much energy and I wasn't in the mood to can, and I had just gotten my new kitchen toy - a dehydrator! So, I dehydrated all my apples instead.

In a house of only my husband and me, these sure did go fast! I did 2 batches of apples, in total 12 trays. These were super fast because I also got an "apple corer, peeler, slicer". I can't imagine what I would have done without it! So, I peeled, sliced and cored my apples then gave them a bath in citrus acid water. After 10 minutes or so, I put them on the trays, sprinkled some cinnamon on top and left them to dry and a few hours later - these bad boys. :) The small bag are all that's left of my green apples. The bigger bag are my red apples. This was super fun and easy. The second time I did it, Trevor helped! He took time off of homework to spend time in the kitchen with me. I love it when he does that. :)

These have made for a great snack. Now I know what to do next time I have apples that I know we won't be able to eat before they go bad. I'll just dehydrate them!




No comments:

Post a Comment