Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Beef Enchiladas and Ramblings...

I'm all about taking a nice dish, making, but on the cheap. I feel this was kind of one of those. I made homemade beef enchiladas for the first time. (Oh, I also love trying to cook new things, on my own. :) 

This was an awesome meal, which I had so much fun making. I made home made tortillas! Yes, home made tortillas. They are generally smaller than the large plate sized ones you can purchase. The small size made these perfect portions. I cooked up some shredded beef that I had and added some spices as well as cream cheese in it to give it a creamy texture. Then I  put some beef and cheese in a tortilla and rolled it up. I have some natural enchilada sauce that I love to purchase (I stock up when it comes on sale for $1!) It was red enchilada sauce, which I hadn't tried before. I poured some in the bottom of the pan, placed my enchiladas in the pan, topped with the rest of the sauce and more cheese and olives. If I had green onions that would have been even better!

This was quickly a hit with Trevor! He's requested it twice since. What's even greater about this dish, I made it all out of my food storage. Or, I should say, my giant food stock. I can make this meal any time I want, because I keep a stock of everything! How great is that?! That's what I strive to do. Keep a stock of all very usable food and make all my meals from it. Very rarely do I pick something up from the store for a specific dish. I'm pretty proud of the work I've one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment