Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Mr. Yoshida's Beef Fajitas

Last night, I wanted to make some more tortillas. They were just so tasty the first time. I didn't want to cook any chicken, and I realized I hadn't cooked any beef for a while. So, I pulled out 2 of my "beef slabs" from when I previously cooked my 5 lb. roast. All it is, is 2 thick slices of that roast, with the juices it cooked it. It has quite a bit of flavor on it's own.

I pulled the 2 slabs out and cooked them in my wok. I love using my wok, I love stir-frys and love Asian flavoring and food. I'm trying to expand my cooking abilities to include Asian food. Last night, I had to come up with it on my own, based on the ingredients I had. Pinterest was of no help to me, but that's ok. So this, as simple as it is, I do believe I can call an original. :)

I thawed the beef in the wok, it had some nice juices it was cooking in. I have a little grate that sits on top and I put some veggies on it to thaw. I keep bags of frozen veggies in my freezer. When I go grocery shopping, I'll pick up an extra pepper or onion. Then I'll come home and slice it up and freeze it. I usually rotate these out pretty quick. So, I got everything cooking/thawing.

After that was done then I had to decide what seasonings to put in it. I poured in a bit of Mr. Yoshida's seasoning. You can find it at Costco. It's my favorite. :) This seasoning gives it a sweet taste. I also added in a bit of cumin, and an extra onion seasoning, let it all mix together and simmer. I must say, I was impressed with the flavor. This was quite a great meal. :)

Ingredients:
- Beef
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Green bell pepper, sliced
- Onion, sliced
- Cumin
- Mr. Yoshida's
- Optional: minced onion. I used this because I didn't put enough onion in it to give it much flavor.
- Tortillas
- Toppings, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, cilantro

I found that the meat had a lot of flavor when I dipped it in the sauce and then put it on my tortilla. I also made some rice-a-roni "fried rice". Pretty bland, but it was nice to have a side dish.


I love the color that the red and green peppers add. The sauce, is where a lot of the flavor is. 

Not too great of a picture, but man...this was SO GOOD! 

My favorite thing about cooking is, it's an experiment. Forget the measurments. Each time a recipe is made, it's going to be altered based on amount of people. There is only Trevor and I eating, so I have to cut back on a recipe. This usually forces me to just look and see what ingredients are in a recipe and then go from there. It's fun to go off of taste and smell. It makes it unique and not just "some recipe". It also improves a cook's skills. I've found that since Trevor and I have been married, that my cooking has improved exponentially.

And, if it does turn out horrible? Worst case scenario? Scrap it, and make mac and cheese. :) HAHAHA. (I think I only offered to do that once, when we were first married.). I learned a lot.


-SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment