Sunday, February 2, 2014

Rotel and Cream Cheese Chili!

This recipe was amazing! This was probably a top 10 dinner. There was a punch of flavor in this dish! This is another meal that I found off of Pinterest. You can view the original recipe here.


This was a crock pot meal that I put in before church. When we got home, the house smelled WONDERFUL! This would have been a great chili to put in my bread bowls. I made last week. This meal is so easy, crack open some cans, shake a few bottles and forget about it. :)


Ingredients:
- Chicken breasts (I use 2 tenderloins)
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black beans
- Cumin
- Chili powder
- Ranch mix packet (I only had half a packet of the spicy ranch. Still turned out great!)
- Cream Cheese
- Onion powder


In crock pot, put in chicken, rotel, corn, black beans, ranch mix packet. Sprinkle on some cumin, onion powder, and chili powder. Let it cook as long as necessary. Mine cooked on low for 5ish hours. I drained my corn and black beans, if you do that, add a bit of extra water. I added about 1/2 cup.

Once it's cooked and you're ready to eat, stir in some cream cheese. I probably used about 3 oz. Then dish up! Top this with cilantro, sour cream, and cheese. YUMMY! I had 2 big helpings of this. It's perfect for a cold day.

I only took one picture, because today was Fast Sunday, and we don't get out of church until 3:30. So I was starving. :) I could hardly top it with sour cream and cheese fast enough. I did grab out some cilantro and put it in mine as well. It added a nice dynamic to the flavor. This dish can be a bit spicy. It was warm, but not burning. The cheese and sour cream helps, for sure.



Enjoy!

-SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment