Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Easy Caramel Popcorn - Great for FHE

Last night was family home evening. Trevor decided to put off his homework so we could do something together. :) He cleaned up dinner, and I started making this recipe for caramel, do drizzle on our popcorn. I found this recipe on Pinterest. Grab the original recipe here. I actually didn't make any modifications to this recipe. I didn't really dare, because I haven't had any practice or experience with making caramels. But, I'm sure going to get into it after this! This was a DELICIOUS recipe.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup karo
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp water
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Air popped popcorn.

Combine karo, brown sugar, butter, water, and salt together and bring to a rolling boil. After it's brought to a boil, take off heat, mix in vanilla and baking soda. It should get to almost a foam. At least, mine did. Once it got to that point, I knew it was ready to dump over the popcorn.

YUM! 


We mixed it in with the popcorn. My goodness! It was SOOOO GOOD! We had warm popcorn with caramel to eat while we watched the Emperors New Groove.

It was great. Who doesn't love the Emperors New Groove?! Fun family night. This show came out in 2000, even 14 years later, we still quote this show.







Spend time with your families. Do something fun!

- SamiMae


No comments:

Post a Comment