Monday, January 5, 2015

Balsalmic Chicken and Sweet Potatoes

Man, tonight's dinner was AMAZING. I'm pretty impressed with myself. This was my first dinner where I made sure it followed the Hormone Diet detox guidelines. This was a healthy, tasty, and filling dinner.

Sorry for the crappy picture. It looked better on my phone.

This is such an easy recipe! Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 45 min to 1 hour.
Balsamic Chicken:
- Chicken (enough for who you are feeding)
-1 can of diced tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar
- diced onion (I always keep some frozen in my fridge)
- Basil
- Oregano
- Rosemary
- Thyme
- garlic salt
- pepper

1. Put chicken breasts in a pan. Top with garlic salt and pepper. Pour some diced onion on top. (This gives it nice flavor). I always have a bag of diced onions in my freezer. I just took it out and shook it over the chicken.
2. Pour can of diced tomatoes on top of chicken. Pour balsamic vinegar on top of the tomatoes and chicken. Be generous, but don't over do it. It'll flavor the tomatoes nicely so they can be eaten as well.
3. On top of the tomatoes and vinegar, sprinkle on some basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. It may seem like a lot of herbs, but it'll be worth it. I didn't measure it out, maybe 1 tsp of each. The flavors seep into the tomatoes and then down to the chicken It''ll look soupy in the pan, but it's ok! The chicken will be moist and have all that yummy flavor sucked up into it.
4. Cook for 45 min to 1 hour at 350 degrees or until done

This might be my new favorite potato dish!
Rosemary Sweet Potatoes:
- Olive oil
- Sweet Potatoes
- Rosemary
- Onion
- Green Onion

1. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them up and put them in a pan. Sprinkle with olive oil and shake them around in the pan. The oil helps crisp the potatoes. Sprinkle some onion on the potatoes, just like how you did with the chicken.
2. Cut up a green onion and put it on top. I only did one sweet potato, and one green onion. It may seem like a lot of onion, but the onions and potatoes get crispy from cooking in the oil and they become almost sweet. The onion really accents the sweet potato. Top with rosemary.
3. Cook for 45 min to 1 hour at 350 degrees.

I put both the chicken and the potatoes in the oven at the same time. Serve with salad. These are 2 recipes that I am going to be making again! I got the approval from the husband, he liked them too! These certainly don't taste like "diet" food! Both were so easy to throw together and the dishes complimented each other very well!

- SamiMae


No comments:

Post a Comment