Saturday, May 10, 2014

Beef Haystacks

A few weeks ago I made a meal that was quite tasty. I love haystacks of any kind. This was no exception! I have some great beef in my freezer that I try to use whenever I can. It's already cooked and frozen. So, for this recipe I just took out some beef, and warmed it up. This dinner came together pretty quick.

Ingredients:
- Beef
- Lipton's Onion Soup mix
- Veggies of choice ( we chose peas)
- Rice
- Haystack toppings: cheese, pineapple, green onions, sour cream...etc.

1. Heat/cook beef. I added 1 can of beef broth as well. 
2. Add in half a package of Lipton's Onion soup mix. 
3. Once this is warm, take the beef out, temporarily. I learned that you don't want the beef to boil in the mixture because it'll make the beef tough.
4. Add some cornstarch to the mixture. Make sure to have already combined it with cold water to activate it. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. 
5. Add back in the meat and add in any veggies you'd like.
6. Top on rice with haystack toppings. We like pineapple, cheese, green onions and sour cream. Of course, I really love sour cream, it's weird - I know. 


This was really good. The beef flavor was amazing. Be sure to salt and pepper it to taste. So, yes, I do add sour cream to mine. I love the flavor and it makes it creamy. :) Anyway, this was another easy and cheap dinner for us.

- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment