Saturday, May 10, 2014

Zucchini Pizzas

I made this dinner a few weeks ago and just haven't been able to blog about it yet. I've seen a lot on Pinterest about doing meals with zucchini. I managed to find a small one at Smith's and decided to give it a try.

1. Cut the zucchini in nice thicker slices maybe  1/4th to 1/2 inch. Baste in olive oil and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. 

2. Put a little pizza sauce, or tomato sauce with seasonings (which is what I do), then top with a little cheese. 

3. Broil until cheese is melted or personal preference.






I didn't think these little guys would be filling, Trevor was super sceptical at first. But I think I cooked 2 zucchinis and they filled us both up! Quite tasty. They remind me of pizza pockets - but much healthier! 

- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment