Sunday, March 23, 2014

Balsalmic Potatoes

Today I gave something new a try. I attempted some balsamic potatoes. They turned out pretty tasty, except they didn't get cooked at first, then I had to put some water in to steam them, at near the end the balsamic was all dried up. But, I REALLY this this dish has potential. It was tasty and good, but I know I can improve it for next time. 

Ingredients: 
- Potatoes
- Green onions (I got to use some from my container garden!)
- Minced Garlic
- Salt/pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Veggie oil
- Rosemary
-Thyme

1.  Start by cutting up your potatoes, green onions and garlic. Put in a pan with a little bit of oil and cook, covered, for a few minutes. This is to heat them up pretty well and cook the garlic. After a few minutes add in the rosemary and thyme. Give it a good sprinkle. 

2. Transfer potatoes to a pan which will then be put in the oven at either 350 or 400. Pour a little balsamic on it. I used 3 russet potatoes and used just under 1/4th a cup of balsamic. It might be best to put in a little bit of water. It helps to steam the potatoes and help them cook. If you don't put in a little water, you might get what I got, dry crusted potatoes. The balsamic was all cooked up and the leftovers were seasoning on the potatoes. 

3. Pop in the oven and cook until soft and enjoy

In the pan. 

With thyme and rosemary added.

This is what they would have looked like had they been steamed. At this point they were suppose to be done, but were still crunchy and needed some water added to it. 


I'm going to give this recipe another shot and maybe they'll be more moist!

- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment