Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cilantro, Lime and Garlic Chicken

So, I bought some cilantro this week and wanted to try to use most of it. So, I gave this idea a shot! It was risky and I didn't know if it'd taste good, but it worked!


Ingredients:
- Chicken
- Chili Powder
- Cumin
- Garlic
- Lime
- Cilantro
- Green onions
- Vegetable Oil



It's super easy. :)

1. Put a little bit of oil in a pan and spread it around the pan. Start heating it up while you put your chicken in (I used frozen chicken breasts).

2. Sprinkle some cumin and chili powder on it. I went really light with mine, afterwards, I realized I could have put some more on.

3. Sprinkle on the garlic and green onions as well. These become sauteed in the pan with the chicken.

4. Squeeze 1/4th a lime on it. I went easy, you can customize how you'd like.

5. Cover and let cook for a while.

6. Just before it's completely cooked, turn chicken over to cook the other side.

7. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top, cover. Turn off heat and let the chicken sit for about 7 minutes so it can absorb the seasonings.


Pretty simple ingredients

Green onions, garlic, cumin and chili powder

Final product. YUM!

I served this with the Cilantro Ramen Noodles. The Cilantro in the meal wasn't overpowering at all.



It's pretty easy. You really can't screw this up. Adjust the spices to whatever you prefer. I went easy because I'm still learning the strength of some of my spices.


- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment