Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cilantro Ramen Noodles

I have quite a bit of cilantro and need to figure out how to use it up before it goes bad. Last night I made the Cilantro, Lime and Garlic Chicken but wanted a side dish. I was tired of rice or pasta noodles. So after a while of Pinteresting, I found this recipe. I changed mine up quite a bit, but got the idea from the Noble Pig blog.

I gotta say, I was worried, but it turned out pretty good!

Ingredients:
- 2 packages of Ramen noodles (any flavor, we don't use the packets).
- Mr. Yoshida's seasoning
- Peas
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- Vegetable oil
- Cilantro





1. Gather ingredients. Cut up green onions and cilantro ahead of time.
2. Cook the Ramen in boiling water for about 3 minutes
3. Drain Ramen and rinse it with cold water.
4. Leave Ramen in strainer, temporarily.
5. Use a LITTLE bit of oil to saute the green onions and warm the peas up. I used a bit to much and mine was a little oily, I had to drain some of it out. 
6. (Optional), I would recommend draining this oil out after it's sauteed. The Mr. Yoshida's has quite a bit of oil already in it. 
7. Pour in noodles, and some Mr. Yoshida's. I sprinkled some sesame seeds in there, just for a bit of flair. 
8. Stir and Enjoy!

This could have been great with broccoli or snap peas instead or in addition. I found it a little difficult to mix everything together. The peas didn't want to mix in with the noodles, so I just dished it out on top. 

In the pan, about ready!

Ta-Da! Dinner is done! 


- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment