Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lion House Dinner Rolls

Yesterday I attempted making the Lion House Dinner rolls. We had these at our wedding breakfast and oh boy...they are so good. I could die eating them. You can't stop with one roll. So, I tried to make them at home. I have the Lion House recipe book (Trevor got it for me for Christmas. :) And He wanted me to give it a shot.

The dough was unlike anything I had ever made before. It was more liquidity than my other breads. The recipe had me whip the bread at a higher speed. It just had a super smooth texture and boy, did it rise FAST and it got LARGE. Overall, the bread was good. Little work on the technique, and flavor. I was most disappointing in the flavor...there wasn't any. I think it's because I used shortening instead of butter (the recipe said I could use it.) I didn't have any butter to use or that would have been my first choice. Overall, it turned out pretty good!

The inside texture was good too! Light and fluffy - just missing the flavor. I'll get it though. :)
See how big that got! It didn't rise more than an hour, and that's WAY more than double in size!

The batch was suppose to make 18 rolls. I got more. (There was a second pan)



Final results.  Don't those look yummy! They are super soft and fluffy inside.

We've been making Trevor's lunches on these. He's has some sandwich shots for lunch. :)

- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment