Saturday, January 11, 2014

Taco in Lettuce Bowl.

This dinner was inspired by a pin on Pinterest. Instead of a taco with a hard shell, why not just skip a step and put the taco right in the lettuce head?! It was certainly interesting. Trevor was quiet and didn't know what to think at first.

We cooked up the taco meat, added the seasoning. Trevor cut the lettuce head in half and I gutted the inside of the lettuce to make it a bowl. Put a little cheese on it and viola! I would have put ranch on it, but we didn't have any. So, we put ketchup and sour cream on it. I would recommend eating it in a bowl. We had it on plates, and it took up our whole plate! In the end, we ate the meat, and most of the lettuce. With the extra lettuce, we put on some dressing and helped ourselves to a little salad. :) Kinda unique. It's a great change to tacos. We missed out on the crunchiness of the taco shell. This was a fun dish. Something new to try. but you can't beat normal tacos. I can see this dish being super good with a chicken taco. If I do it again, it'll be a chicken taco. Here are our pictures!


I served it with a side dish of squash and zucchini stir fry. I used Mrs. Dash's vegetable seasonings on it. Simple, and my favorite. :) Give it a shot!

-SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment