Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Homemade Fajitas

I love fajitas. Whenever we got to Chilies, that's what I get. So today, I decided to make some, to go with my homemade tortillas. I used the Six Sisters recipe. It was pretty good. I think next time I'll do it a bit differently. I stuck pretty true to the recipe on this one. I love using my cute little crock pot, that's why I chose this recipe.

Ingredients:
- Chicken (I used 4 tenderloins)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced green chilies
- onion
- bell peppers (I used red and green for color.)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- chili powder
- cumin
- garlic powder
- dried oregano
- salt
- tortillas

Crock pot recipes are the best, toss everything in, (Except the tortillas), and let it cook on high for 2-3 hours. I didn't have guacamole or pico de gallo, but I had cheese, lettuce and sour cream (which is what I normally put on it. :) I have to say, I was pretty pleased with the recipe. My bell peppers and onions were frozen previously, so I think that effected the quality a bit, but still good. Next time, I'll play with the spices a bit more.



First time making homemade tortillas, not bad

Still steaming. YUMMY!
(These pictures are all taken with my phone.)

Going on my second...YUM! 


-SamiMae


No comments:

Post a Comment